REQUEST FOR BIDS
FOR A POST- SCHOOL OPTIONS GUIDE CONSULTANT
This is a request for bids for a Post-School Options Guide Consultant to create a Post-School Guide to Program Options for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities containing information about the range of options, links to resources, agencies supporting these options and eligibility requirements, agency services and supports, and contact information, all in user-friendly language in both English and Spanish. Included in this request for bids is information relating to scope of work and bid information to be submitted.
Bids will be accepted via email at email@example.com or via hard copy until 2:00 PM on Friday, May 8, 2015 at the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council’s office in Tallahassee, Florida. If mailed, the proposals should be mailed to:
Chief Financial Officer
Florida Developmental Disabilities Council
124 Marriott Drive, Suite 203
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
Those submitting sealed bids must indicate on the outside of the envelope in the lower left-hand corner that it is a sealed bid for a Post -School Options Guide Consultant and the name of the person or organization submitting the bid. It is the responsibility of the individual to insure that the bid is received by the Council by the date and time specified above. Bids received after the date and time specified above will not be considered.
Questions regarding the requirements of the Request for Bids for a Post-School Options Guide Consultant or necessary information for the bids may be mailed to Lisa Taylor or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 12:00 pm on Wednesday, April 29, 2015. Answers to the questions will be posted on the Council’s website (www.fddc.org) on Friday, May 1, 2015.
The Council has been receiving increasingly numerous contacts from family members of transitioning youth, adults who have slipped through the system, and family members who may be new to the state or who are planning to relocate to Florida requesting information regarding Florida’s post-school options, resources, and agencies specific to youth and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, particularly youth and adults with significant disabilities. This project is designed to develop a brief guide (10-15 pages) to address many of those questions.
The guide will minimally include a description of the range of post-school options, links to resources, agencies supporting options and eligibility requirements, agency services and supports, and contact information in user-friendly language. The project will include Spanish translation and printing of the guide via print and electronic media.
Scope of Work:
The Guide developed by the project will provide the information needed to improve access to a range of post-school outcomes and a mechanism to foster referrals to adult service provider agencies for services and supports. The project will provide a necessary resource to assist with improving access to and receipt of post-school services and supports.
The selected provider will work closely with an Advisory Committee whose members will be representative of all stakeholders, including adult service agencies and organizations. The Advisory Committee will provide information to be included in the Guide, and review and provide direction for all phases of the product’s development and distribution.
Specifically, the selected provider will:
- Establish an advisory committee with relevant stakeholders to guide product development;
- Gather information on the range of post-school options (e.g., supported employment, customized employment, self-employment, career and technical education, postsecondary transition programs), links to resources, agencies that can provide support and eligibility requirements and explanations of the services and supports the agencies provide;
- Develop the guide describing the range of options, links to resources, agencies supporting options and eligibility requirements, agency services and supports, and contact information in user-friendly language;
- Utilize photos, graphics, etc. to enhance the professional look of the Guide;
- Develop a Spanish translation version of the Guide;
- Provide ten printed copies of the Guide in both English and Spanish, each with an electronic copy (PDF) of the Guide on CD/ROM or DVD;
- Provide an editable electronic copy of the Guide in both English and Spanish
The timeframe for the work of the Post-School Options Guide Consultant is May 15, 2015 through August 15, 2015. All final products will become the property of the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council, Inc.
This project is consistent with the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council’s State Plan, Goal 12 (“In partnership with individuals with developmental disabilities, their families, advocates and key stakeholders, the Council will educate and provide training and technical assistance to employers and stakeholders that will enable individuals with developmental disabilities to obtain and sustain employment at or above minimum wage.”) and supports Objective 12.6 (“Provide training, technical assistance and resources to Florida stakeholders on employing individuals with developmental disabilities.”)
Bid Submission Instructions
Interested individuals must submit the following Bid Information by 2:00 PM on Friday,
May 8, 2015 in accordance with instructions on page 1:
- Letter of Transmittal confirming that you will perform all the work specified in the Scope of Work, confirming that you will perform the work within the specified timeframe, and providing your name, the name of your organization (if applicable), your address, phone number and email address;
- Your bid for provision of the work specified in the Scope of Work. The bid needs to include an hourly rate for the consultant and any staff to be utilized by the consultant, as well as a line item budget for additional costs for which reimbursement will be charged.
- Description of your experience that demonstrates adequate qualifications to meet all the functional requirements in the Request for Bid within the time designated.
Adequate qualifications will be defined as the following:
* Demonstrated expertise and experience in all aspects of the project described, including but not limited to research, writing, editing, and specific to the post-school guide described in this Request for Bids.
* Experience developing resource materials, using graphics and high quality content material.
* Demonstrated knowledge base concerning individuals with developmental disabilities and transitioning into adulthood including those with the most significant disabilities.
* Demonstrated knowledge base on employment for individuals with developmental disabilities including those with the most significant disabilities, i.e. supported employment, customized employment.
The lowest bid, up to the Council’s approved funding of $20,700, will be selected, if there is a Letter of Transmittal confirming that the bidder can perform all the work specified in the Scope of Work and within the specified time frame, and information is presented demonstrating adequate qualifications to provide the service. The Council reserves the right to select the next lowest bid, if the above stipulations are not met. Selection will be made on or before May 15, 2015.