- The Florida Center for Students with Unique Abilities (FCSUA) at the University of Central Florida is sponsoring their annual Florida Postsecondary Education Program Planning Institute at the B Resort/Lake Buena Vista from Wednesday, January 23, 2019, through January 25, 2019. The purpose of the Institute is to increase understanding of resources available for and facilitate planning and implementation of Florida Postsecondary Comprehensive Transition Programs (FPCTP) for students with intellectual disabilities in all types of postsecondary education institutions: universities, state/community colleges, and technical colleges/career tech centers. For more information, go to https://fcsua.org/events.php.
- January 22, Nominations for Idelio Award begins. To nominate a qualified self-advocate please fill out the attached form. Nomination Form
- January 25-27, 2019, Florida SAND Conference, The Florida Hotel and Conference Center, Orlando, FL. For more information, go to https://www.flsand.org/copy-of-annual-conference-hidden
- January 30-February 1, 2019, Council Meeting, Florida Hotel & Conference Center, Orlando, FL. For more information, go to https://www.fddc.org/calendar/month/2019-01
- February 9, 2019, Partners in Policymaking Graduation, The Florida Hotel and Conference Center, Orlando, FL
- On February 20, 2019, the Florida Consortium on Inclusive Higher Education is sponsoring a Self-Advocate and Family Focus Symposium on College Options for Students with Intellectual Disability in Tampa, Florida. There will be a self-advocate track for self-advocates with intellectual disability and a family track tailored to families and guardians of high school and college-bound students with intellectual disability. For more details, go to https://fiche.com/event/2019-hartwick-symposium-series.
- February 22 at 5:00 p.m., Deadline for Idelio Award Nominations