-WHAT'S NEW AT THE FDDC-
The FDDC has created a resource for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities who receive services Florida Medicaid and the iBudget Wavier. Families, Providers, and Support Coordinators may also benefit from this information. The areas addressed are:
- Transportation to Work
- Accessing Home Health, Nursing and Personal Supports
- How to Get a Customized Wheelchair through Florida Medicaid
Provider Rate Crisis:
Save the Date!
Please join us in Tallahassee on February 14 for Developmental Disabilities Awareness Day at the Florida Capitol. Make your voice heard to encourage our legislators to Pay Fair for Care.
Better Care Reconciliation Act - Bulletin
The Florida Developmental Disabilities Council is following the Senate Health Care bill called the Better Care Reconciliation Act. There are many proposed changes to Medicaid funding , the safety net for health care that many individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities depend on to be included in their community.
Please call the U.S. Capitol Switch Board (202)-224-3121 and ask for Senators Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio. Let them know your opinion of the proposed changes to Medicaid. Click here for the 145 page bill and here for the section by section Summary.
Budget waiver waitlist training
- iBudget Advocate Training Video
- iBudget Advocate Training PowerPoint
- Get to Know YourNeighbors Exercise
- How to Call Your Legislator Tip Sheet
- How to Write a Letter to Your Legislator
- Sample Advocate Training Flyer
- The Teamwork Game
- Training Evaluation